Built in 1918, we are an independent cinema and multi-use performance space which functions as the entertainment hub of Prince Edward County. We are a community-minded organization dedicated to serving the needs of our diverse population. As part of our Youth Employment and Engagement Initiative, hiring priority will be given to County (and surrounding area) residents under 30. We encourage BIPOC applicants to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Create cover letter and resume as one pdf
- Attach it to an email with the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies!
A bit about us:
Built in 1918, the Regent Theatre is an independent cinema and multi-use performance space which functions as the entertainment hub of Prince Edward County. We are a community-minded organization dedicated to serving the needs of our diverse population.
Located in downtown Picton we engage our community through live entertainment. To be a part of The Regent is to be a part of the County’s entertainment history and the theatre’s unique heritage. This role works together with our growing volunteer base, core staff, contractors and all kinds of artists. These are exciting times at the Regent, come work with us and be part of shaping our future.
Office presence is required but the hours are flexible.
A bit about the job:
Reporting to The General Manager, this position performs and oversees all administrative office functions for The Regent Theatre.
· Collect, distribute and respond to correspondence as directed by the GM
· Manage cleaning staff for office, lobby, auditorium and greenroom ensuring COVID and safety standards are met for the duration
· Liaise with Building Manager to ensure exterior upkeep (garbage removal, snow removal, grass cutting)
· Liaise with building tenants as necessary.
· Oversee interior (lobby/office/greenroom/auditorium) and exterior (marquee/sandwich board) signage
· Perform daily security check (including fire panel inspection)
· Checking/sending mail
· Maintaining keys lists
· Scheduling contract workers (projectionists/FOH)
· IT troubleshooting
· Keep phone messages up to date
· Coordinate marquee changes
· Oversee admin students/interns/volunteer coordinator
· Managing cash floats for Box Office and Concession.
· Managing POS (Square Up) Account and reporting
· Coding & filing invoices
· Basic bookkeeping including: Managing accounts payable/receivable - generating receipts, tax receipts and invoices; Issuing cheques
· Maintaining up to date contact lists of staff, suppliers, volunteers, members, sponsors.
· Ensuring smooth operation of office equipment (photo copier, printers, computers)
· Re-stocking office supplies
· Re-stocking and ordering concession items
· Maintaining accurate and organized records in digital and hardcopy
A bit about you:
· Experience working with accounting software is required – (Simply Accounting experience preferred)
· Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (functions; data manipulation; charts) is required
· Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency with MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams and Google Suite (Forms, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
· Must have WHMIS training and First Aid Training or be willing to complete
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines
· Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
· Positive attitude and team spirit.
· Passion for the arts.
Part-time contract: 20hrs/week (flexible hours)
Rate: Commensurate with experience
VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT LEADER
- Review and assess the current volunteer engagement lifecycle (recruitment, screening, placement, orientation and training, recognition and retention) and make changes to formalize a volunteer program for 2 community audiences – retired and youth.
- Ensure volunteers feel valued and appreciated to increase engagement and retention
- Continuously outreach to the community to recruit and maintain a team of active volunteers to support theatre operations
- Create an exciting volunteer team environment that engages and retains volunteers.
- Ensure volunteer work is meaningful with opportunities to grow (in youth volunteer program) to maintain volunteer engagement and retain volunteers.
- Develop a recognition or loyalty program to keep volunteers engaged and honor their commitment
- Conduct exit interviews when we lose volunteers to ensure we act on feedback so we can be the first choice for volunteers.
- Create a feedback loop so we can make improvements to our volunteer program to keep volunteers engaged.
- Ensure volunteer scheduling process and systems are operational and easy for volunteers to engage with.
- Ensure proper documentation is in place for volunteers.
- Ensure all volunteers are fully trained to deliver on the mission, provide an outstanding patron experience while keeping patrons and staff safe.
- Structure the onboarding experience to ensure volunteers are engaged in The Regent theatre mission so they can deliver an outstanding patron experience.
- Experienced people leader with a proven track record of building teams
- Experienced with program/project development, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to energize and engage a community
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Teams and Google Suite (Forms, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
- Ability to create rapport with volunteers and coach for performance
- Positive and enthusiastic ambassador for the Regent to the public, volunteers, and members
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Possess a positive attitude, passionate about providing great guest experience and works well with the team
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to motivate and manage volunteers. Make volunteering fun and productive.
- Experience working with a diverse group of volunteers
- Proven leadership and management experience, with a demonstrated ability to promote inclusion in the workplace and effectively recruit, supervise, organize, direct, motivate and retain a diverse group of volunteers
- Understand PEC community and how to connect people and involve them in work at The Regent Theatre
FRONT OF HOUSE AMBASSADOR
Application Deadline: MAY 27, 2022
- Greets and welcomes patrons and visitors.
- Provides Front of House services during daytime box office hours and during performances/movies, including assistance with lobby set-up for special events, VIP area setup, box office and concession sales.
- Ensures the highest level of client and customer service. In all FOH areas the candidate will be required to work as part of a team comprised of volunteers and overseen by the FOH Manager (at the direction of the General Manager).
- Responds to inquiries and complaints giving information, explaining policies and procedures, or referring to the appropriate person for resolution.
Assists volunteers with ushering including (vaccine checking, wayfinding).
- Handles box office sales on VBO.
- Responds to patron inquiries in person or on box office phone when volunteer is absent or on break
- Transacts POS purchases of concession and alcohol items. Smart Serve training will be provided.
- Fulfills merchandise orders made online
- Counts, records and balances cash floats for concession/bar/merchandise sales counter.
- Monitors inventory and re-stocks as necessary.
- Ensures that merchandise inventory information is recorded accurately. Balances closing inventories against receipts and reports discrepancies to FOH Manager on duty or General Manager.
- Generates merchandise sales reports in Square.
- Monitors FOH equipment (i.e. TV monitors, popcorn machine) and reports any maintenance requirements (i.e. spills, damages) to management.
- Monitors theatre entrances and exits during inclement weather and reports to management if accessibility/safety is compromised.
- Responsible for providing service to Accessible needs patrons (including providing assistive hearing devices and assistance with seat finding)
- Implements safety/emergency procedures when required including fire evacuation.
- Enforces COVID protocols with patrons as directed.
- Ensures that all services, safety rules and procedures are adhered to and provide a safe and pleasant environment for staff and visitors.
- Workplace Health and Safety: All staff are required to take reasonable care o f their own health and safety and that of other personnel (including volunteers and interns) who may be impacted by their conduct.
- At the direction of the General Manager, the candidate is responsible for changing interior/exterior signage including changing the marquee on weekly rotation.
- Signage creation based on templates may be required from time to time. Off-site postering as required.
- At the direction of the General Manager, provide assistance to volunteers with FOH setup (i.e. tables and chairs etc.)
- Assist General Manager with survey deployment and gather and report anecdotal feedback from patrons
- Labour market skills development will further be provided through job shadowing opportunities in Front of House Management and Digital Cinema Projection to enhance leadership and digital skills.
- Meet new people
- Get out of the house!
- Be part of our community
- Get your community service hours for school
- See the movie or live show that you work for free!
- Please send an email to Alexandra at email@example.com.
- Put the position you are interested in in the subject line (e.g. USHER)
- Tell us a bit about yourself including why you are interested in the role and the Regent.
- Include your resume or highlights of relevant work/volunteer experience.
- Include a phone number where we can reach you.
- If there are other ways you’d like to contribute to the Regent please let us know.
- Arrive 1 hour prior to a live event or movie and stay for the duration.
- Prepare auditorium for patrons including placing seat covers and/or folding programs,
- Assist with lobby or merchandise set up for special events at the director of the FOH Manager/Projectionist
- Scan patron tickets on entry as/if directed by FOH Manager/projectionist
- Assist patrons finding seats safely, including providing assistance with stairs providing physical assistance as/if necessary
- Remain in the house for the duration the event to assist audience with exiting the theatre.
- Notify Projectionist/House Manager of any spills or messes, complaints or compliments
- Bonus: First Aid training certificate
- Arrive 45 minutes prior to a live event or movie. Stay until 30 minutes into the event.
- Enforce COVID protocols on entry to the theatre including scanning vaccine passports.
- Scans tickets and directs patrons.
- Assists with lobby cleanup once the house goes in.
- Bonus: First Aid training certificate
- Arrive 1 hour prior to an event. Stay for the first 30 minutes or until all patrons are served and cleanup is complete.
- Only Smart Serve trained individuals serve alcohol
- Non-Smart Serve trained individuals make popcorn, serve snacks and handle credit/debit sales on Square.
- Must have: SmartServe, Fire Safety, Popcorn making (and cleaning)
- Optional: First Aid
- Shift times vary to cover box office open hour and 1 hr prior to all events.
- Responsible for processing in person and phone sales.
- Communicating with patrons via email as necessary on behalf of the Regent.
- Attention to detail, computer literacy, professionalism and calm under pressure are essential for this role