Built in 1918, we are an independent cinema and multi-use performance space which functions as the entertainment hub of Prince Edward County. We are a community-minded organization dedicated to serving the needs of our diverse population. As part of our Youth Employment and Engagement Initiative, hiring priority will be given to County (and surrounding area) residents under 30. We encourage BIPOC applicants to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Create cover letter and resume as one pdf
- Attach it to an email with the JOB TITLE in the subject line.
- Send to email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies!
WEBSITE/BOX OFFICE INTEGRATION COORDINATOR
Application Deadline EXTENDED: Monday October 25, 2021
This is an administrative role that reports directly to the General Manager, and is responsible for building events in our ticketing platform and overseeing box office functions including generating reports on request of clients or management. Responsibilities also include maintaining the template based Zoho website and ensuring alignment with ticketing platform. Some data entry and CRM management required. The coordinator will also involve coordinating scheduled of Volunteer box office workers, providing assistance to volunteers and other duties as assigned.
Attention to detail and an ability to take initiative and work independently are essential to success in this role. A tech-savvy, quick learner will excel in this role. Experience with updating and creating template-based websites is important. Knowledge of web design and CSS coding is an asset. Experience with box office systems is an asset. A passion for the arts, especially cinema and live performance are a must.
As part of the Regent’s Youth Employment and Engagement initiative, priority will be given to County (and surrounding area) residents under 30.
· implement updates to the Regent's website
· ensure alignment between box office platform and Regent website
BOX OFFICE COORDINATION
· coordinate box office activities including event creation in ticketing platform Virtual Box Office (VBO)
· generate sales and reconciliation reports from VBO
· maintain client database within VBO
· Process sales and refunds through VBO
· interact with ticket buyers and community members pre-show at the box office
· report movie box office results on COMSCORE
· Coordinate activities of box office volunteers
· troubleshoot ticket buyer issues and answer box office phone and email in professional manner
· troubleshoot ticket buyer issues for live-stream events
· Interact in-person with the public and handle pre-show ticket sale transactions on the day of a show.
· Draft messages to ticketholders as required
· Generate summary event reports for management
· provide step-by-step technical assistance to clients who request it
· Create work flow documentation to assist with future box office volunteer training
REPORTING & ANALYTICS
· Gather insights and analytics on purchasing trends, pain points and client questions/concerns
· Assist with online survey design and implementation vis a vis new website and box office functionality.
Other duties as assigned.
Term: Flexible hours with option to work remote part-time. 15-20 hrs/week
Start date: November 1st, 2021
End date: September 30, 2022
VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT TEAM LEADER
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Reporting to The General Manager, this volunteer position is responsible for recruitment, and engagement of the volunteers and volunteer programs that power The Regent Theatre. The Regent Theatre has a large group of volunteers united in our love of theatre focused on the mission of The Regent Theatre --- share culture, spark connection and steward history. All volunteers work together to deliver an excellent patron experience.
· Review and assess the current volunteer engagement lifecycle (recruitment, screening, placement, orientation and training, recognition and retention) and make changes to formalize a volunteer program for 2 community audiences – retired and youth.
· Structure the onboarding experience to ensure volunteers are engaged in The Regent theatre mission so they can deliver an outstanding patron experience.
· Ensure all volunteers are fully trained to deliver on the mission, provide an outstanding patron experience while keeping patrons and staff safe.
· Ensure proper documentation is in place for volunteers.
· Ensure volunteer scheduling process and systems are operational and easy for volunteers to engage with.
· Create a feedback loop so we can make improvements to our volunteer program to keep volunteers engaged.
· Conduct exit interviews when we lose volunteers to ensure we act on feedback so we can be the first choice for volunteers.
· Develop a recognition or loyalty program to keep volunteers engaged and honor their commitment
· Ensure volunteer work is meaningful with opportunities to grow (in youth volunteer program) to maintain volunteer engagement and retain volunteers.
· Create an exciting volunteer team environment that engages and retains volunteers.
· Continuously outreach to the community to recruit and maintain a team of active volunteers to support theatre operations
· Ensure volunteers feel valued and appreciated to increase engagement and retention
· Experienced people leader with a proven track record of building teams
· Experienced with program/project development, implementation, management and evaluation.
· Strong written communication skills with the ability to energize and engage a community
· Strong planning and organization skills
· Proficiency with MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Teams and Google Suite (Forms, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
· Ability to create rapport with volunteers and coach for performance
· Positive and enthusiastic ambassador for the Regent to the public, volunteers, and members
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines
· Ability to handle problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Possess a positive attitude, passionate about providing great guest experience and works well with the team
· Strong leadership skills, including ability to motivate and manage volunteers. Make volunteering fun and productive.
· Experience working with a diverse group of volunteers
· Proven leadership and management experience, with a demonstrated ability to promote inclusion in the workplace and effectively recruit, supervise, organize, direct, motivate and retain a diverse group of volunteers
· Understand PEC community and how to connect people and involve them in work at The Regent Theatre